Charlotte Pass is completely snowbound in winter and the only way to get in our out is with one of our oversnow transport vehicles. This is a truly unique experience to Charlotte Pass, and we have vehicles operating every 30 minutes during peak morning and afternoon periods.
Catching The oversnow
Your Charlotte Pass experience starts at our Guest Services Office in Perisher Valley.
The Charlotte Pass Guest Services Office is located in the Perisher Valley Skitube Terminal, at the far end of the ground floor of the terminal building. This is where the Charlotte Pass Oversnow Transport departs from. From there you board one of our state of the art oversnow vehicles and take a scenic trip through the main range to Charlotte Pass.
oversnow TRANSPORT COVID-19 MEASURES
- All Guests are required to use the QR code at our Perisher Valley Guest Services desk to complete the COVID-19 Guest Health Declaration. This will include a declaration confirming that they are not experiencing flu like symptoms, awaiting COVID-19 test results, are not from a declared COVID-19 hotspot or have been in close or casual contact to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19. Guests who do not complete the Guest Health Declaration will not be permitted to board the Oversnow.
- Guests who are unwell, or displaying flu like symptoms will not be permitted to board.
- All guests will be temperature checked prior to boarding the Oversnow. Guests who have a temperature of more than 37.5C will not be permitted to board.
- All guests will be provided with a face mask, which is required to be worn at all times whilst inside the Oversnow vehicle.
- Enhanced cleaning of Oversnow vehicles will be undertaken, with a focus on high contact areas such as seats, handles and seatbelts.
- By travelling, you acknowledge acceptance of our Oversnow Transport Terms and Conditions.
How to reach Charlotte Pass
Travelling to Charlotte Pass by Car
During winter you can drive to Perisher Valley and take our oversnow transport from the Perisher Valley Skitube Terminal. If staying overnight, you will need to park at Bullocks Flat Skitube as there is no overnight parking available at Perisher Valley.
You may experience snow and ice on the road before you reach Perisher Valley. If you haven’t driven in alpine conditions before, check out these tips for driving in snow.
Travelling to Charlotte Pass by Plane
Snowy Mountains Airport – Qantas and Rex both fly to Snowy Mountains Airport and there are several transport options available from the terminal.
Qantas operate services from Sydney and Brisbane, and Rex fly from Sydney only.
Canberra Airport – Qantas operate daily flights from Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth, and Rex fly from Sydney to Canberra.
Canberra is a 2-hour drive from Jindabyne, and 2.5 hour drive from Perisher Valley.
Travelling to Charlotte Pass by Private Transfer
Many private transport companies operate from Jindabyne and Cooma and can take you directly to the Perisher Valley Skitube Terminal. From here you will take our oversnow transport to Charlotte Pass in winter.
We would recommend: